NHC offers specialised spa and wellness consulting for both hotel spas and day spas. Our services include:
A feasibility study is highly important in order to understand a given market. It can determine whether a project is feasible or not, and furthermore, under which conditions.
Typically, a feasibility study include the following. However, every project is different and we adapt to fit the characteristics of each individual project.
- Market analysis
- Spa trends analysis
- Competitive analysis
- Supply & demand analysis
- Guest mix analysis
- Project description & analysis
- SWOT analysis
- 5 year budget
- Recommendations concerning size, capacity, profile, facilities
Business Plans & Operations Optimization
A business plan is relevant for:
- A new project, once a feasibility study has established that it is a sound project
- An existing spa, which does not realize its full potential and need revitalizing
Business Plans typically comprise of:
- Review of existing operation to identify areas of improvement (for existing spas)
- Analysis of the market and competitors to pinpoint conceptual gaps in the market
- Guest mix analysis and conclusion
- Concept development and recommendations for USPs as well as unique facility features
- Spa menu (treatments, experiences, packages)
- Sales & marketing plan, & budget
- Pricing Strategy & Revenue Management
- Spa retail concept and plan
- Food & beverage concept and plan
- Staffing & HRM
- Detailed budgeting and KPI goals
- Collaboration with hotel/resort (if relevant)
For existing spas, a business plan can be part of an operations optimization process, which is tailored to the needs of the client. In some cases that would involve developing and introducing a new concept, giving the spa a fresh start. In other instances, we hold on to the existing concept and focus on daily operations, pinpointing areas of improvement and adressing these to increase revenue and/or reduce costs.
A thorough evaluation of the spa product, guest experience, sales efforts etc. through visit and testing of the spa.